Notifications
Clear all

The Great Steve Piche  

RSS

TCCATGUY
(@tccatguy)
Member Moderator
08/02/2020 7:35 pm  

I will let Collin's words speak for all of us at TCDYC.
Roger

It is with great sadness to have to report that Texas sailing legend Steve Piche passed away yesterday during a skiing accident in Colorado. Steve has done as much for the sport of cat sailing as anyone. Quite the adventurer and always trying to push the boundaries, Steve is known as the Father of the Great Texas as he wanted to create a distance race in Texas based on his experiences in the Worrel 1000. Those who knew Steve know that he was a fierce competitor on the water but the first one to hand you a beer on the beach. Steve has always brought smiles and laughs around the globe showing up to events wearing his cowboy hat and Texas boots. We will all miss Steve’s infectious smile and bounding energy for adventure. Our most sincere condolences go out to Steve’s family and his friends, whom he considered family. Steve, you will be truly missed by all as the world is now a slightly darker place without you. May your spinnaker stay full, and your rudders never break. Fair winds and God speed my friend.

Collin Casey

TCCATGUY
(@tccatguy)
Member Moderator
10/02/2020 10:18 pm  

Update_ in the next two or three weeks there will be a celebration of life in Austin. I will post the date and time once it's known.

Roger

ReplyQuote
TCCATGUY
(@tccatguy)
Member Moderator
19/02/2020 6:54 pm  

Cathy is hosting a gathering of all persons wishing to celebrate Steve, his life, and how he impacted all of us. Kids of all ages are welcome.

What: Celebration of the Life of Steve Piche
When: February 29 at 3 pm
Where: Saengerrunde Halle
Address: 1607 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701 (adjacent to Scholz's Biergarten)

His daughter is putting together a PowerPoint, so if you have pictures you would like to share, please send to me and I will forward.

Cathy also wants to extend many thanks and appreciation to all who have reached out to her, expressing their feelings on the loss of Steve, and the support to her and their family.

Please distribute this to those persons you feel would be interested in joining in on this event.

Any questions may be directed to myself and I will respond as quickly as possible.

Terri Reuwsaat
treuwsaat@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
Share: