NOR RedFish Reach 2020
NOR Redfish Reach 2020
September 12 , 2019
Texas City Dike Yacht Club
and Division 6
NOTICE OF RACE
- These races will be governed by the rules as defined in the US Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing 2017- 2020, any applicable published rules of a participating one design class, and as modified by the sailing instructions.
- Any changes to these rules will be posted in the Sailing Instructions and at the Regatta Tent.
- ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION
- The regatta is open to all beach catamarans, Hobie AI’s and Windsurfers.
- Registration to be completed online at Registration Redfish Reach 2020 Payment will be invoiced one you have registered for the event.
- Regular registration closes Thursday August 27, 2020 at 5:00pm. Entry fees increase for registration after that time.
- Classes will be divided into Spinnaker and Non-Spinnaker, Hobie AI and Windsurfer. Sub classes may be formed when 3 of a single design are registered. Classes formed after September 1 may not have trophies available at the awards ceremony.
- Shirt sizing / availability is not guaranteed for late entrants but TCDYC will make every effort to make sure sufficient stock is available for sailors. Additional shirts MAY be available for purchase after the completion of the regatta on Saturday.
- Singlehanded entry fee $50 Early Registration ($55 after deadline)
One meal ticket / shirt (correct sizing / availability not guaranteed after deadline)
B Crewed entry fee $70 Early registration ($75 after deadline)
Two meal tickets / shirts (correct sizing / availability not guaranteed after deadline)
- Additional dinner tickets $20
- Additional shirts ` $15 (based on availability after deadline)
- Friday, September 11 Afternoon boat setup available
- Saturday, September 12 8-10am Registration / Check in
- Saturday, September 12 10:00am Skippers Meeting
- Saturday, September 12 11:00am First warning signal
- Saturday, September 12 6:00pm DinnerSaturday, September 12 6:30pm Awards, (if all boats have finished with time to score the race)
- Saturday, September 12 6:30pm Awards, (if all boats have finished with time to score the race)
- Saturday, September 12 Bonfire around sundown
- Yachts will be rated under US Sailing Yardstick. Factors for modifications not listed, or ratings for yachts not listed will be at the discretion of the Race Committee.
- SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
- The sailing instructions will be distributed via email to skippers registered email. Some copies
MAY be available at the skippers meeting.
- Galveston Bay in the vicinity of the Texas City Dike
From either direction on Interstate 45, take the FM1464 Palmer Highway East exit and travel through Texas City until you dead end into Bay Street. Take a right on Bay street and then an immediate left onto the Texas City Dike. We typically set up/launch from about 4 miles down the dike on the left-hand side where there is expanded beach and no rocks.
Accommodations on the dike are rudimentary at best. There will likely be a scattered porta-potty or two, but there are no guarantees. Be prepared to pay 10.00 to enter the dike, they only accept cash. If you are bringing an RV or travel trailer they now charge 30.00 for a weekend pass. Camping will be allowed on the beach.
We have secured a block of rooms at the new Springhill Suites in Texas City next door to Buckee’s. The rate is $99 night (vs. $163)
The 3-letter group code for entrants to book their room is RED. Entrants can start booking their room either by calling Marriott central reservations at 1 888-236-2427 or by booking online at marriott.com/HOUST. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Texas City 13202 Outlets Blvd, Texas City, TX 77591• (833) 747-8483
- THE COURSE
- Distance race Saturday starting Le Mans style off the beach, round Redfish Island and return to the dike.
- A single race completed will be required to constitute a series.
- Yachts will be scored under the US Sailing Portsmouth Yardstick.
- There will be no throw-out races
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See Rule 4, Decision to Race. The Organizing Authority will not accept any liability for material damage, personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during or after the regatta.
- FURTHER INFORMATION
a. For Further information, please contact the TCDYC Commodore, Roger Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org Windsurfers can contact Manny Convert at email@example.com